archives & links below

My photo
A person who needs no introduction.

Saturday, October 15, 2022

OPEN THREAD 714

I walked Murray around nine this morning, when the weather indicated some clear before a period of moisture. There were some bits of junk mail here and there that had escaped from a recycling container. (I even know whose, thanks to addressed mail, but that's irrelevant.) After ignoring them for a minute, I picked them up and folded the small stack and jammed it in my back pocket to recycle at home. When I started practicing, I looked out and saw that the one house on the street that still had a piece of that stuff was ours. It was flapping quietly to draw attention to itself and, by association, to denigrate our choices of local politicians to have yard signs for. 

I ignored it for a minute. Two minutes. Then after some more minutes I went out and strided to it. Regarded it for a couple of seconds, taking in at a glance the quality of shower stalls being offered, then clapped it up and crumpled it and took it in, gaining exercise and a timely reminder that it was about time to do my teeth and stuff anyway, so there's that. And then I updated my blog, because why not? 

Attached is a photo proving that the color folded flyer page is no longer waving at passers-by. And here is an Open Thread, because we here at the New Pals Club Web-Log believe in letting our reader have their say, This is the first in a long tradition, so I gave it a great big number in the tradition of composer Karl Czerny, who wrote a lot of notes on pages but still inflated his apparent output with ever-larger Opus numbers, and why the heck not?

Proof! Select the window pane that does not contain an ad for new shower stalls. IT'S ALL OF THEM!

Anyway, here's your Open Thread. I hope this thing works. 

.

1 comment:

Kip W said...

"There's a hood holed up in Chi-town.
In St. Loo they've fixed a fight.

There's a doubting priest in Joplin
Who may never see the light.

Gallup's got a missing kid,
Flagstaff's due to flip its lid...

ROUTE 66, WHERE ARE YOU??"