archives & links below

My photo
A person who needs no introduction.

Friday, May 05, 2023

All Quiet on the KW Cleanup [aka pt 2]

 Poking diligently through various boxes and containers, and not getting in deep, but tossing and reboxing. I bought a flat of 15 folding boxes at Staples so we can fill boxes up and dispatch them. First we'll move things out of irregular boxes and into regular ones, giving away the irregular ones first. 

So what did I actually do? Glad you asked! I looked at pens and pencils. There are still a lot in the box, but it won't happen in a day or a session. I know what to watch out for.

Here's how it works with comics: I'll sort along bravely for a while, making the tough decisions and letting the chips fall and getting things ready to go out. THEN my brain starts to fill up with teeny styro particles and it gets to a sort of tipping point where I start to say things like "But this is the only example I have (or the best one) of X, and I should had oughtta..." At this point, if I don't stop sorting and go somewhere else, I'll start taking things OFF the pile I've already chosen to go out. And it works the same way with other things.

So I have thrown out a bunch of pens. I throw out the ones that don't write, though I keep a very few which are extraordinarily novel or which possess great personal beauty. And what are these styro pellets?

.

No comments: