archives & links below

My photo
A person who needs no introduction.

Saturday, November 06, 2021

Well, I Meant To

I was tired.
My finger hurt.
The sun was in my eyes the whole time.
I plumb forgot it. I fell asleep.
I thought it was supposed to happen next week.
Nobody told me about it.
We've always done it on this day.
It's how I was raised.
You have to admit, my way makes more sense.
A little cooperation would be nice once in a while.
You were supposed to be there for it.
I expected a call.

It wasn't what had been described to me.
I got there and nobody else was there.
I've been having a tough time.
I was sick for a while.
The last two times, it was canceled.
I just went by the last thing I'd heard.
The GPS sent me to the wrong place.
The car had to be gassed up before I could do anything else.
You never gave me enough time for it.
The phone rang as I was starting out, and I had to take it.
There was road construction every way I went.
It said CLOSED.

I was depressed.
I couldn't do it by myself.
Everything in my life changed right then.
It had stopped being rewarding.
I wasn't going to do everything myself.
There was no reward.
I still thought things could return to normal.
They were all looking at me.

I didn't know how.
Nobody told me what to do.
I was set up to fail.
After the explanation, I realized it was a load of garbage.
I got a better offer.
I discovered a plot.
I was following orders.
I learned the truth about all this.
The Sun's in a bad sign for me.
Those two are against me.
I saw this incredible cloud.
They gave me the wrong tool.
They said they didn't need me after all.
I was too popular.

A guy took it from me.
When I didn't see you, I assumed it was off.
Nobody else could be bothered, so why me?
It was raining.
There was nowhere to park.
I got lost.
Wait, that was today?
The light was off, so I didn't come in.

I didn't want to.

.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Wow! Love this. In the individual and the collected.