archives & links below

My photo
A person who needs no introduction.

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Fifty Fifty (Keep it Fair)


Fifty Fifty

[ttto: Roving Gambler--traditional]

I am the rag of record, job's to keep it fair
Whenever I discern two sides
My stand's between them there
Stand's between them there, stand's between them there.

A liar got in office and he gaslit all around
I stood up straight beside him
And split the difference down
Split the difference down, split the difference down.

He poisoned air and water that the others had kept clean
And I declared right then and there
"The truth lies in between
Truth lies in between, truth lies in between."

He lied by noon and morning and lied some more at night
The others stood for truth and I said
"Each side is half right
Each side is half right, each side is half right."

He treated his position as a self-enriching game
And I pushed out my chest and said
"Both sides are to blame
Both sides are to blame, both sides are to blame."

He stole and robbed at random, hired hacks as bad as he
And I retailed his lies and said
"Some would disagree
Some would disagree, some would disagree."

And now he says drink bleach, folks, inject a Lysol spray
I wear my wisest face and write
"Dems in disarray
Dems in disarray, dems in disarray."

We're seeing widespread death now and ruin's in the air
And I stand proud and say it loud
"I always kept it fair
Always kept it fair, always kept it fair."


.

No comments: