archives & links below

My photo
A person who needs no introduction.

Friday, July 10, 2020

In Search of a Quote

The only references I seem to find to this now are me, quoting it from memory. Here's an example:

Former National Lampoon editor Sean Kelly called out fellow former NatLamp ed PJ O’Rourke once, and in the course of it he described “the one conservative joke,” which, shorn of corroborative detail works out to “if these people are so darn smart, why aren’t they able-bodied/rich/white/male/straight?”
Can anybody point me to the original of this? Does Kelly have a blog or an address I could write to to ask him? It was a piercing observation, and I don't like watering it down through my own memories of how I paraphrased it earlier, like a solo game of Telephone.

Ta.
.

No comments: