archives & links below

My photo
A person who needs no introduction.

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

My Inner Felines

Nine Cats
a quick meditation for when I'm in a hurry

I call upon the spirits of nine cats.

1) First, Poosy Gato, Gordo's cat, for joy, coolness, and wordplay.

2) Second, Mehitabel, for strength and resilience; self-belief in adversity despite the judgments of others.

3) Third, Tom Cat, foe of Jerry Mouse, for dexterity and fighting spirit, even when loss is foreordained, without complaint.

4) Fourth, Eek! the Cat, the kindest cat of all, for whom it never hurts to help, even when it darn well does.

5) Fifth, Sylvester, whose self-concern reminds me not to forget to take myself into consideration.

6) Sixth, Felix, for the will to keep on walking. Left foot, right foot: If not there yet, repeat.

7) Seventh, the Kliban cat, for the vision to see things that we can't.

8) Eighth, Snagglepuss, for discretion, and knowing when to exit, Stage Right.

9) Ninth, the Unknown Cat, heard at night or glimpsed in passing. A mystery, already gone.For qualities not enumerated.

To augment my own inner cat spirit, I summon these, like nine numbered spirits in an animated cartoon, to gather around me and commune, nourishing my soul and adding their strength to mine.

Good kitties.
.

Note: This may be where I first wrote my procedural motto, "Left Foot, Right Foot: If Not There Yet, Repeat." If you take nothing else away from this, I suggest remembering these words. They have been getting me through life for some time now, and work in a number of ways, metaphorical and literal.
.

No comments: